Riding school article #1 – “Must know” list for proper entering the Enduro world
Already written an article about what influence has Enduro riding on road and especially Adv riding and maybe it’s useful to read it somehow https://sectorenduro.com/big-adventure-bikes-skill-improvement/
It was few years ago, and now we got more experience in coaching and teaching people off road and Hard Enduro riding. Things I’m sure stayed same are:
- Off road riding hardly can be taught on one’s own
- Enduro and especially Hard Enduro significantly extends riding geography
- Learning it properly means safe and enjoyable riding
- Off road riding improves your riding generally – adv and road
- It’s fun, and even more than any other kind of riding
So, as I promised, here is short list of “must know” things when coming to Enduro riding:
- No matter how good you are, there is always something you’ll learn
- Finding a good Enduro coach sometimes can be whole project and you got to be patient – chose the one you like more even if he is farther than the one next to home
- Be sure that good one is going to start from beginning – position on the bike..
- Few first sets of exercises can be boring but they gonna make you get used to bike
- Intensive training means 1,5 to 2 hours of riding for the group of 3 to 6 riders
- Even if you were bad in physics and still don’t like it, some things you’ll have to learn and remember – it will help you to trust bike more J
- Best places for beginners Enduro Training ground are fields, ravines, clear places in the woods without extraneous thing like concrete blocks, metal stuff, holes..
- Easy start means few lessons on low speed but with lots of explanations and “how tos” by the coach
- Easy start means you more relaxed, more got used to bike and class mates and hence – safe learning process
- Those trainings will be the only place where you will feel and understand what balancing on the bike really means and how important it is
- Same for clutch work, rear brake, moving on the bike and lot more (equally applicable for any kind of riding)
- As long as you’re riding wrong technique you’ll suffer arm pump or pain in lower back
- Coach will rise tracks difficulty gradually to make you confident by applying the knowledge and having a good time
- Good coach is worth every cent you pay – believe, it’s much, much cheaper than any injury or damage you may suffer somewhere far from home
- Basic knowledge can be learnt on almost any kind of off road bikes, but if you want to grow up you’ll have to switch to real sport Enduro bikes like KTM EXC, Betta RR, Sherco, Husqvarna..
99% of beginner level riders coming to ride with us understand lot of things listed above and they like the schedule we offer – every day trainings and every day learning something new.
So if you’re entering this exciting and tough world, just take a look at all this. Most interesting thing to come J